Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Message from Fr. Scott Bailey, C.Ss.R.

Dear Friends,

First of all I want to thank you for joining me in these Lenten Meditations. I know from the comments and emails I have received that some of you have found them of benefit. I was glad to hear that. It brings me great joy to know that others have benefitted from these meditations as I have.

Secondly, I want to wish you all a blessed and holy Easter. The Paschal Mystery of death and resurrection is one we all encounter in our daily lives to a greater or lesser extent. If we allow God's grace to enter into our hearts we can be transformed in the great and the small here in this life so that we will one day share in the fullness of Redemption with Our Lady and all the saints. I had hoped to continue with daily meditations during the Easter Season, but circumstances may not allow this to happen which brings me to my final point.

Once again I am asking you for your prayers for my Dad, Harold "Bill" Bailey. His doctor told us that there isn't anything more they can do but keep him comfortable. I ask you to pray to the Divine Mercy and the Immaculate Heart of Mary that Dad will die in God's grace. My only regret is that Dad was never received into the Catholic Church though at times he expressed the desire. I would also ask you to pray that if he does so desire, this can happen before he dies.

Please know that I thank all of your for your prayers and best wishes. May the joy of the Resurrection fill your hearts and lives.

Fr. Scott Bailey, C.Ss.R.

4 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

Father, your dear father is in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Prayers for your dad and you and your family father.

Michele said...

Dear Fr. Bailey,
Thank you for your beautiful lenten posts. May God continue to bless you. I will keep your father in prayer. May he be wrapped in the tender arms of Our Lady.

A Penitent in the Wilderness said...

Dear Father,
Happy Easter! Thank you for assiduously posting these Lenten Meditations. You helped me focus and re-focus daily on my Redeemer and His unbounded love. I am praying for your Dad and for you, too, Father.